L'exploitation du Coltan en République Démocratique du Congo
Congo a toujours été une région importante de transit pour le commerce en Afrique Centrale, liant le basin du Congo à l'Ouest avec les ports Asiatiques vers l'Est. Cependant, les minerais dans cette région, spécialement le Coltan, constituent un des enjeux récurrents des conﬂ its armés.
Artisanal miners pass rocks down a line at a cassiterite mining site near Numbi in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo on April 7, . Artisanal Men carry bags of cassiterite, coltan, which is used in mobile telephones and computers, and manganese on May 28,from the Mudere mine, near
Coltan is een erts dat de mineralen columbiet en tantaliet bevat. De naam is een samenstelling van de namen van deze mineralen. Het erts wordt onder meer gewonnen in sommige Afrikaanse landen, waaronder in het oosten van de Democratische Republiek Congo ().De grootste producent is Australië.. Uit coltan worden de elementen niobium (vroeger columbium geheten) en tantaal gewonnen.
You might not know this, but coltan (Columbian Tantalum, which is made from Columbite Tantalite) is a precious metal that is used in phones, tablets or anything you are using with a rechargeable battery. The chances are, you have an electrical device that has unethically mined coltan inside of it. The problem is that unethical coltan mining (Columbian Tantalum) is not OK because children are minin
Coltan Mining Congo. The title of the article "Blood on your mobile" is written by Jacqui Schmall from the Helium Online Magazine on April 8, . The type of text used is a printed media based newspaper. The main issue in the article is the mining for coltan. The author's main contentions are: the destruction of the gorilla habitat and
· Coltan mining is very well paid in Congo terms. One may also ask, where is coltan mined in Australia? Australia has historically been the world's largest producer of tantalum (as tantalite concentrates), providing approximately half of the world's mine output through mining operations at Greenbushes 250 kilometres (km) south of Perth in Western Australia (WA) and at Wodgina 100 km .
· Sadly along with other human activity in the region, coltan mining has had a devastating impact on the mountain gorilla population. The mining process pollutes lakes and rivers and isolated miners will often hunt gorillas for their meat. Gorilla trekking and gorilla safaris have become a vital industry to the Democratic Republic of Congo
Coltan mining and ethicsWikipedia. Sep 10, · Coltan Mining In The Congo: We All Have Blood In Our Hands I just recently heard about a really disturbing topic And the most disturbing part about it is that we all have blood in our hands Whether it's a mobile phone or a PlayStation,for these gadgets to,
· Coltan Mining in the Congo, and The Grauer's Gorilla You may have noticed an unfamiliar metal in the list above: coltan. Coltan is a dull black metallic ore from which are extracted the elements niobium and tantalum, it is used in electronic equipment such as cellphones, solar panels, computers, tables, video game systems, and virtually every other electronic device.
Coltan Slavery – the abuse in minning. Apr 01,· The mining, Kids in Congo are being sent down mines to die so that kids and adults elsewhere can use a small mineral (coltan) in their phones and electronics, this is the one main reason this is a topic in my blog, workers that work in the coltan mines are aged younger than 7 years old, which brings the child labour laws into play, the
The Congo possesses 80 percent of the world's coltan. When coltan is refined it becomes a heat resistant powder that can hold a high electric charge. The properties of refined coltan is a vital element in creating devices that store energy or capacitors, which are used in a vast array of small electronic devices, especially in mobile phones, laptop computers, pagers, and other electronic devices.
· Congo Fair Mining is a replica of CDMC's pilot project in Tanganyika, a province governed until his impeachment on 6 May by Zoé Kabila Mwanza Mbala, brother of former President Joseph Kabila. In, CDMC opened a coltan mine and processing .
We are targeting industrial mining and processing of gold in Congo, diamond mining, coltan and cobalt plus iron and tantalite, cobalt and copper cathodes and copper ore. Thus, we will respond to the wishes of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo .
Le coltan, métal sanglant dans nos téléphones. | .
· Le tantale, (en partie) à cause de lui, les Congolais sont aujourd'hui plongés dans la misère et la violence sans pouvoir espérer profiter prochainement des fantastiques richesses qui sommeillent sous leurs pieds.Car le tantale est aussi le nom d'un minerai obtenu en raffinant le coltan, dont la République Démocratique du Congo (RDC) dispose de 80 % des réserves connues (1).